‘The Devil Wears Prada’ Star Anne Hathaway Addresses Cosmetic Surgery Rumors in Candid New Comments

Depositphotos

Share:

Anne Hathaway has spoken openly about ongoing online speculation about her appearance, including rumors about cosmetic surgery.

The comments were made in an interview with Elle, which published the conversation on Thursday. The discussion came after fans compared her recent public appearances to her earlier work, especially her role in The Devil Wears Prada, and began questioning how she has maintained such a youthful look over nearly two decades.

Hathaway was 23 when The Devil Wears Prada was released in 2006. She is now 43, and recent footage from the planned sequel has fueled renewed online debate about whether she has had cosmetic procedures. The speculation grew so widespread that it eventually became a topic she addressed directly in her interview.

During the conversation with Elle, Hathaway responded to the rumors in a straightforward way and even acknowledged that she may consider cosmetic procedures in the future. She said, “And by the way, the other thing about all this is, I might still get a facelift someday.” Her comment stood out because she neither confirmed nor denied any past procedures, but instead spoke openly about the possibility of future choices.

RELATED:

‘The Devil Wears Prada’ Star Anne Hathaway Spotted With Husband—Fans Notice Their Wildly Different Looks

The actress also discussed how the internet has reacted to her appearance in recent years. She suggested that much of the speculation is based on assumptions rather than facts, especially in an era where social media users often analyze celebrity images in detail. She explained that while she would prefer more privacy, constant discussion about her looks has made silence difficult.

Hathaway said, “We’re at a time when people feel very confident in assuming what they think is fact, and sometimes what they think is accurate and sometimes it’s not.” She added that the volume of speculation eventually made her feel the need to respond directly rather than ignore it.

She also pointed to a behind-the-scenes video from the 2026 Academy Awards that many fans misinterpreted as evidence of cosmetic work. In the clip, she revealed that part of her red carpet look was created using a simple hairstyling trick rather than surgery or digital alteration. She showed how two tight braids were hidden under her hair and tied together to create a temporary lifting effect on her face.

Explaining the technique, she said, “And you look a little bit more awake. That’s the trick,” while crediting her hairstylist Orlando Pita for the idea. The moment was widely shared online and added more attention to the ongoing discussion about her appearance.

Hathaway also addressed the broader pressure placed on actors, especially women, to look a certain way as they age in Hollywood. In earlier interviews, including an appearance on Today in 2023, she dismissed the idea that she focuses on “aging gracefully,” saying she tries not to think about age at all.

At the same time, she has spoken about lifestyle changes she has made over the years. She mentioned that she stopped drinking alcohol in her thirties and became more focused on skincare and health. She also shared habits such as wearing sunscreen regularly and avoiding sun exposure.

Reflecting on her younger years, Hathaway said the pressure she felt was different at the start of her career. She explained, “One of the things about younger me is she was really scared. And I think that fear made me harsh with myself.”

According to Elle, Hathaway now feels more comfortable addressing public speculation than she did earlier in her life, even if she would prefer less focus on her appearance overall.

Have something to add? Let us know in the comments!

Don't miss:

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments