Shia Labeouf Sparks Chaos in New Orleans During Mardi Gras Night Out

Depositphotos
Our Editorial Policy.

Share:

Shia LaBeouf caused a stir in New Orleans this past weekend as he took part in a reported bar crawl during Mardi Gras. The actor, known for his past struggles with alcohol, has publicly stated that he has been sober for several years, making his weekend behavior all the more surprising to locals and fans alike.

LaBeouf reportedly spent much of the weekend moving through the Uptown neighborhood, visiting multiple bars and drawing attention wherever he went. On Sunday night, he stopped at Ms. Mae’s, a 24-hour dive bar, arriving without a shirt or cash during the Bacchus super-krewe parade.

The doorman, Robert Skuse, described him as “somewhat belligerent” and said he tried the classic “do you know who I am?” line when he encountered resistance at the door. LaBeouf eventually complied with staff instructions to put his shirt back on, and he even posed for photos with fans who recognized him.

Tensions rose when LaBeouf attempted to step behind the bar, claiming he wanted to act as a “celebrity bartender.” Staff said he repeatedly asked to use a credit card, even though the bar clearly posted “Cash Only” signs. One bartender, Kyle Catarouch, reportedly told him to “go back and dig holes,” a direct nod to LaBeouf’s breakout role in the 2003 film Holes.

LaBeouf’s presence wasn’t limited to Ms. Mae’s. On Thursday, he appeared at the jazz club Dos Jefes, where patrons said he was louder than the music and gave unsolicited acting advice to a stranger.

He also visited 45 Tchoup, leaving a generous tip despite forgetting to sign his credit card slip. One anonymous bartender summed up the situation by saying LaBeouf had been “terrorizing” the city all weekend. This string of wild appearances comes as LaBeouf has been trying to rebuild his reputation in the film industry.

He recently starred in Francis Ford Coppola’s polarizing epic Megalopolis, playing the chaotic Clodio Pulcher alongside Adam Driver and Aubrey Plaza. He also took a lead role in the 2025 British boxing drama Salvable, portraying an ex-convict who lures a former fighter back into underground matches.

Looking ahead, LaBeouf is set to appear in the thriller Assassination, which imagines a conspiracy surrounding JFK’s death. The film includes high-profile co-stars like Al Pacino, John Travolta, and Viggo Mortensen. He is also involved in Angel of Death, a new project he reportedly helped write and develop, signaling his continued dedication to film beyond his headline-making antics.

Despite the chaos over the weekend, LaBeouf is still married to actress Mia Goth, and sources say he is balancing personal life with his professional comeback. The Mardi Gras incidents highlight the unpredictable nature of the actor’s public appearances, as well as the enduring fascination fans and media have with his life off-screen.

Have something to add? Share your thoughts in the comments.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments