Shia Labeouf Steps Out Shirtless Following His Latest Arrest in New Orleans

Depositphotos
Our Editorial Policy.

Share:

Shia LaBeouf appears to be trying to get back to a sense of normalcy after a very public arrest earlier this week. According to local reports, the 39-year-old actor was spotted running shirtless through a neighborhood in New Orleans on Thursday, February 19, just days after the incident that landed him in police custody.

LaBeouf was arrested outside a local bar following a physical altercation. Police reports say he faces two counts of battery. The documents also note that LaBeouf allegedly used a homophobic slur multiple times during the fight.

The individual involved told authorities that the language was directed at them repeatedly, and officers observed that the behavior continued toward others during the investigation and subsequent arrest. The incident has sparked discussions among fans and the entertainment media about the actor’s recent behavior.

This legal trouble comes during a period where LaBeouf has been focused on maintaining his career. He recently wrapped filming for The Rooster Prince. Sources on set told entertainment outlets that LaBeouf displayed moments of erratic behavior and intense mood swings while preparing for the role.

Some colleagues expressed concern, while others suggested that his deep immersion into a character struggling with mental health may have influenced his conduct. LaBeouf has also been recognized for past intense performances.

In May 2025, he appeared in the British boxing drama Salvable, playing a determined street boxer alongside Toby Kebbell. The role required rigorous physical training with professional boxers. The film received mixed reviews, but critics praised LaBeouf’s visceral and committed performance.

He was also featured in Francis Ford Coppola’s long-anticipated epic Megalopolis, portraying Clodio Pulcher, a lustful and manipulative character, in a cast that included Adam Driver and Aubrey Plaza.

Looking forward, LaBeouf has several major projects in various stages of development. He is set to star in the David Mamet thriller Assassination, a reimagining of the JFK assassination from the perspective of the mob, featuring an ensemble cast that includes Al Pacino and John Travolta.

Additionally, he has been attached to the action-thriller Mace, where he will play a corrupt veteran police officer alongside Trevor Jackson. On the personal side, LaBeouf recently purchased a home in New Orleans following his separation from Mia Goth.

Sources say he has been seeking stability and a sense of peace through his new home and his recent conversion to Catholicism. In interviews, he has spoken about using his faith as a grounding influence during challenging times in his life.

Despite his professional success and attempts at personal stability, the March 19 court date is looming. The public and entertainment industry observers are closely watching to see how LaBeouf’s recent legal issues will affect his career moving forward.

Have something to add? Share your thoughts in the comments.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments