After Being Released From Jail Shia Labeouf Goes Straight Back to Mardi Gras

Depositphotos
Our Editorial Policy.

Share:

Shia LaBeouf went straight back to partying at Mardi Gras in New Orleans after being released from jail. According to reports, the actor was back on the streets of the French Quarter on Tuesday morning, Feb. 17, just hours after a violent incident that led to his hospitalization.

LaBeouf had been charged with two counts of simple battery following a pre-dawn brawl outside a bar on Royal Street. Footage obtained by the Daily Mail showed him in a tense moment after leaving custody, tearing off a wristband and telling a photographer, leave me alone, before jogging away.

Despite the drama, he seemed determined to rejoin the city’s celebrations. Sources said he walked about two miles to the main parade route, stopping along the way to buy a fresh shirt and sunglasses at a local shop. Once at the festivities, he was seen blending into the crowd, sipping beer, and posing for pictures with fans.

The earlier fight had required multiple bystanders to hold LaBeouf down. Video from the scene showed the shirtless actor on the ground struggling with several men. As he tried to get up, another man struck him twice in the face, warning him to stay down.

This incident is a major setback for the 39-year-old, who had previously been open about his sobriety. In 2022, he said in an interview that he had quit alcohol and had maintained sobriety for over eighteen months. He often credited his faith and the support of his community for helping him turn his life around after years of legal troubles.

In addition to these challenges, LaBeouf is reportedly navigating a personal change, as he and his wife, Mia Goth, quietly separated last year. The couple, married in 2016, shares a young daughter and had an on-and-off relationship for nearly a decade. Sources indicate that LaBeouf has relocated to New Orleans to be closer to his family following the separation.

Even amid personal and legal struggles, LaBeouf remains active in the film world. He is set to star in the crime thriller God of the Rodeo, directed by Rosalind Ross, which focuses on the prison rodeo circuit. He also has a leading role in David Mamet’s Henry Johnson and appears in the psychological drama Salvable.

The actor recently appeared in Francis Ford Coppola’s epic Megalopolis and is reportedly working on new scripts under his own production company. As he waits for his next court date on March 19, many are watching to see if he can regain the professional momentum he built during his time of sobriety.

Have something to add? Share your thoughts in the comments.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments