Wonder Woman is one of the most pure-hearted superheroes out there, considered a symbol of hope, love, and peace, and she’s made some incredibly motivating statements over the years. Stick around for the most inspiring Wonder Woman quotes of all time from comics and movies.
Best Wonder Woman quotes
Plenty of DC and Wonder Woman movie quotes stand out as unique, complex, and inspirational in numerous ways. Although, many of the most notable Wonder Woman statements in movies mirror those seen in DC comics.
Below are the best Wonder Woman quotes from comics and movies to date, ranked in no particular order.
50. “Ice cream is wonderful…You should be proud of this achievement.”
The New 52 reboot of the Justice League featured Wonder Woman exploring Washington D.C. and experiencing mankind’s cherished creations – including ice cream. Diana praises the vendor after tasting it. This statement shows how much Diana values the simplest aspects of humanity.
49. “Feeding people is a just and dignified occupation.”
Many job titles gain more favor and attention than others, but Wonder Woman reminds us how important smaller roles are. She explains that feeding people is a crucial and honest career, which can be a source of inspiration for anyone in hospitality, service, or customer care positions.
48. “If my life is part of that cost, I give it gladly.”
This quote stems from Dark Nights: Death Metal #7 (2021) and portrays how selfless Wonder Woman is. She fights for what she believes in, willing to defend her cause and innocents even if it means losing her life.
47. “Because no matter how small an act of kindness or generosity or simple positivity you put out into the world, it will make a difference.”
Wonder Woman makes this statement in an issue by Phil Jiminez and Joe Kelly, showing how far she’d go to help a single individual. Diana cares about the bigger picture as well as the little moments that contribute to humanity’s happiness.
46. “I didn’t bring you here to just punish you, I wanted to give you the opportunity to rehabilitate yourself. To find out who you are.”
Diana is set on finding a glimmer of hope in even the darkest characters. She makes this statement in reference to Donna Troy, who was supposed to kill Wonder Woman, and her words inspire Donna as she would later take up the mantle of Wonder Girl.
45. “We can’t help the way we’re born. We can’t help what we are, only what life we choose to make for ourselves.”
This quote stems from Wonder Woman: Warbringer, which served as a comic adaptation of the novel by Leigh Bardugo, released in 2017. Diana makes this statement in reference to Alia, the Warbringer who was destined to bring destruction and bloodshed, as she reminds us that people always have a choice as to what they become – regardless of the position they are born into.
44. “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child… I’m willing to accept the consequences.”
Diana is as compassionate and kind as she is devoted to her duty but still humble despite her power. She is willing to help anyone in need, even if it means putting herself on the line.
43. “When I deal with them, I deal with them.”
Wonder Woman is peaceful, but she is not without rage and fury. This quote is featured in Justice League: Trinity War which forms a part of the New 52 series, and references the fact that Wonder Woman has a shorter list of enemies due to how she handles conflict thoroughly.
42. “I think of every reason there is to live…”
Diana has a positive outlook, irrespective of how dire a situation may seem. She finds reasons to keep going, with her favorite inspirations being mothers, sisters, gorillas, cake, and flying – it’s a pure and motivational quote that anyone can benefit from.
41. “Let them rest in peace, Kal. They’ll only haunt you if you forget what they taught you.”
Wonder Woman makes a powerful statement in Kingdom Come #4 as Superman mourns. She passes on an encouraging message suited to anyone dealing with grief – losing loved ones is painful, but we should honor them by remembering how they impacted our lives.
40. “If you need to stop an asteroid, you call Superman. If you need to solve a mystery, you call Batman. But if you need to end a war, you call Wonder Woman.”
This quote was penned by comic writer Gail Simone, capturing the essence of Wonder Woman as a character. Other superheroes may be perfect for tackling dangerous missions and powerful villains, but Diana’s true strength lies in her passion for restoring peace.
39. “You are many to many, peace-maker and war-fighter, supplicant, aspirant, penitent, the true friend and the boon companion, the trusted soul, and the truth-speaker… and you have been deceived.”
Wonder Woman embodies truth, hence one of her iconic weapons, the “Lasso of Truth. In Rebirth: Wonder Woman, Diana is tied by her own lasso and makes this statement to herself as a result – as complex as this quote is, it’s been made with complete honesty.
38. “I have a warrior’s heart, but I am not unmoved by your words.”
This quote is featured in Action Comics #600, following the post-Crisis on Infinite Earths continuity. Wonder Woman makes this statement toward Superman as they attempt to form a romantic relationship, showing that even a woman as powerful as Diana can be both a fighter and lover.
37. “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”
This quote was featured in Wonder Woman Vol. 3 #25, and it really captures the feel of Diana’s code. Although Wonder Woman kills numerous major characters within the DC universe, the main universe’s Diana is always set on resolving conflict without taking lives – better yet, without using violence at all.
36. “If loss makes you doubt your belief in justice, then you never truly believed in justice at all.”
Since justice is at the core of Wonder Woman’s beliefs, it could be used interchangeably within this quote. While this statement cannot be applied to everything, it’s an interesting take on what it means to truly believe in something – pressing on despite tough times or challenges.
35. “I came here to parley. But do not mistake a desire to avoid violence for the inability to deal it.”
Diana can be brutal when she’s in the mood, and she reminds her opponents that she approaches conflict assertively by choice, not due to an inability to inflict pain on others. It’s an honorable code from which many can gain insight – we should ideally choose to do what’s right based on our free will.
34. “Power without self-control tears a girl to pieces!”
This quote holds weight for Diana, especially considering how powerful Wonder Woman truly is. Regardless of abilities, she reminds us that self-control is crucial – without that, any amount of power would become a force of destruction.
33. “Where I come from generals don’t hide in their offices. They stand beside their soldiers. They die with their soldiers.”
Although this quote applies to battle, it can be used by any leader. Wonder Woman believes that true leaders do not hide behind those that follow – rather, they treat others as their allies and companions, even when things get tough.
32. “And between my prayers, I made a vow that I would always be aware of my strength. And that of my opponents, my friends, and my victims…”
Diana has always been far more empathetic than expected – one of Ares’s most notable “disappointments” in Wonder Woman. She always takes note of those around her and guides her actions accordingly.
31. “Peace is a virtue. A state of mind, a disposition for benevolence, confidence, and justice. It is not simply the absence of war.”
Wonder Woman makes a complex statement on what she believes peace truly is – explaining that it extends far beyond what we can see and feel in reality. Peace is unique for everyone and cannot be guaranteed by anything, but there is comfort in knowing that we all have control over bringing peace into our lives.
30. “Death is necessary. It is part of life, and if we say life is a blessing, we must say that death is a blessing, as well.”
Considering how old Wonder Woman is, she has developed a comprehensive understanding of life, death, and the loss of loved ones. She considers death a part of nature despite it being challenging to deal with, captured in this quote from the Down to Earth story arc.
29. “Women seem like sissies because you don’t know their true strength.”‘
This feminist quote from Wonder Woman is simple but true for many women all over the world, particularly those who have been underestimated simply for being female. She makes it clear that women are far stronger than many realize.
28. “So long as life remains, there is always hope… and so long as there is hope, there can be victory!”
Wonder Woman is a firm believer in hope as well as the power it holds. This quote from George Perez’s run on Wonder Woman captures how much she values the prospect of a brighter future, holding it close to her heart in each battle.
27. “Though I love Paradise, I yearn for more from my life… I yearn for purpose!”
Diana was happy in her home world but still chose to leave and fight for others. It’s a firm reminder that while luxuries and comforts are always appreciated, many of us are drawn to being part of something much bigger than ourselves.
26. “What one does with the truth is more difficult than you think. I learned this the hard way, a long, long time ago. And now, my life will never be the same.”
Although Diana may seem to view the world in black and white, this quote reminds us that she is aware of the gray areas. The world is complex, and moral codes cannot always make decisions easier – oftentimes, knowing the truth can make one’s choices and actions even more challenging.
25. “Kal looks to the future, Batman looks to the past… and I reside in the present, securely bridging the two.”
Wonder Woman, Batman, and Superman have served as one of the most legendary teams for decades, and Diana sheds light on their dynamic with this quote. Each hero has their own role, personality, and struggles; she reminds us that people are stronger together.
24. “Bonds of love never make the wearer weaker — they give him greater strength!”
Diana believes that love has the potential to empower people – not weaken them. This quote acknowledges that love involves bonds, which can be interpreted as a drawback, but the presence of love ultimately strengthens those who experience it.
23. “No! After everything, I saw it can’t be. It cannot be! They were killing each other. Killing people they cannot see. Children. Children! No, it had to be him, it cannot be them.”
This quote is grim, primarily due to the fact that it’s entirely true in the real world. Although it’s harsh, this dark quote can inspire better actions – no matter how small.
22. “She was right. My mother was right. She said the world of men do not deserve you. They don’t deserve our help.”
Diana’s mother did not agree with her choice to help humans. While Diana has a moment of doubt after seeing how evil mankind can be, she still finds the strength to fight for those who do deserve help, forgiveness, and love.
21. “I am Diana of Themyscira, Daughter of Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons. In the name of all that is good, your wrath upon this world is over.”
Wonder Woman’s classic introduction (using her full name and title) is usually a cue that a major bad guy is about to get beat down. She may not act like royalty, but she truly embodies Queen Energy, unlike any other.
20. “It’s about what you believe. And I believe in love. Only love will truly save the world.”
This statement was made in comics and mirrored in Wonder Woman (2017). She will fight for humanity whether or not she believes they deserve it – she fights because she believes in love and believes in stopping the forces that hinder it.
19. “Bullets never solved a human problem yet!”
One of Diana’s least-favorite aspects of humanity is guns and modern weapons, particularly considering how recklessly they are used throughout the wars she’s seen in her time. This simple quote is a reminder that violence doesn’t solve problems.
18. “You let this little thing tell you what to do?”
Wonder Woman makes this statement in response to Steve explaining the purpose of a wristwatch – it tells humans the time; so that we know when to eat, sleep, etc. Her comedic response is memorable, but it has an odd motivational ring to it. Diana does what she needs to based on her internal clock and instincts.
17. “What I do is not up to you.”
This empowering quote is one of the most well-remembered among Wonder Woman fans. She makes it clear that although she is often willing to reach a compromise, the opinions of others will never sway her final decisions.
16. “They came to the conclusion that men are essential for procreation, but when it comes to pleasure… unnecessary.”
One of Wonder Woman’s unforgettable moments with Steve in Wonder Woman (2017) featured an intimate discussion about romantic relations. While the base of this quote is comedic, it’s a strong reminder of her people’s independence – which is inspirational for many female fans.
15. “People said the Age of Heroes would never come again.”
This quote from Justice League (2017) reflects a dip in Diana’s otherwise endless source of hope. However, despite her doubtful feelings, her spark is rekindled after Bruce Wayne reminds her of their cause.
14. “Is it stealing if you steal from another thief?”
Diana makes this statement in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016), highlighting the gray area between what’s considered a crime or not. While many may argue this question has an easy answer, it gives insight into her personality – she’s willing to bend the rules in order to straighten out a complex problem.
13. “My life hasn’t been what you probably think it has. We all have our struggles.”
Wonder Woman 1984 brought plenty of new inspiration for fans, including this quote. It highlights that Diana has had to face far more than many may realize and is a solid reminder that even the bravest and most powerful individuals fight silent battles behind closed doors.
12. “I’ve killed things from other worlds before.”
Wonder Woman makes this statement in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) in reference to Superman’s statement about a threat from another world. She is eager to take on any villain, including otherworldly evils.
11. “You must be the hero. Only you can save the day.”
Diana makes this statement during a discussion with Max Lord in Wonder Woman 1984 (2020) in reference to his wish to change the world. After explaining that he cannot change the world without unimaginable losses, she asks him to save the world that already exists.
10. “A deal is a promise and a promise is unbreakable.”
This honorable quote shows how loyal and trustworthy Diana is. She keeps her word as far as she possibly can, seeing every promise she makes as a part of her duty.
9. “I’m willing to fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.”
Wonder Woman is dedicated to protecting the helpless from harm, and this quote from Wonder Woman (2017) captures her passion. While she will defend anyone who falls victim to evil, she has a soft spot for fighting for those who don’t stand a chance on their own.
8. “Technology is like any other power. Without reason, without heart, it destroys us.”
Bruce Wayne and Diana have a disagreement on technology and its purpose, highlighted in Justice League (2017). Bruce claims that technology has the power to make life better for everyone, while Wonder Woman points out that technology has the same potential for destruction – particularly when controlled by people who lack heart and moral judgment.
7. “A hundred years ago I walked away from mankind, from a century of horrors. Man made a world where standing together is impossible.”
While Diana is usually an upbeat go-getter, she still experiences moments of doubt, sadness, and hopelessness, captured in this quote from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016). However, Bruce Wayne is quick to respond with some words of hope, despite agreeing with her opinions of mankind.
6. “This world was a beautiful place just as it was, and you cannot have it all. You can only have the truth. And the truth is enough. The truth is beautiful.”
Wonder Woman makes this statement during a discussion with Max Lord in Wonder Woman 1984 (2020). She attempts to explain that many people envisioned a world in which love, peace, and harmony were regular aspects of life, only to be shocked by the horrors of reality. But she feels there is always hope in the truth.
5. “Nothing good is born from lies, and greatness is not what you think.”
Wonder Woman makes this statement in Wonder Woman 1984 (2020). She explains that nothing truly good can stem from evil and states that what humans perceive as greatness is completely different in reality.
4. “If no one else will defend the world from Ares, then I must.”
This quote from Wonder Woman (2017) references Diana’s discussion with her mother before leaving home. While she was happy with her family and loved ones, she put her comforts aside to protect humans from the God of War.
3. “The gods made the Amazons to restore peace to the world, and it’s what I’m going to do.”
Diana believes it’s her duty to restore peace to the world and other Amazons. While most Amazons remain in their home world, Wonder Woman chose to venture into the unknown in order to pursue her destiny.
2. “I am the man who can.”
Wonder Woman is possibly the most women-empowering figure in the world of comics, being an unstoppable bombshell with a firm feminist approach to just about anything. This quote shows that Wonder Woman considers women as powerful and capable as any man.
1. “I used to want to save the world. To end war and bring peace to mankind. But then, I glimpsed the darkness that lives within their light. And I learned that inside every one of them, there will always be both. A choice each must make for themselves. Something no hero will ever defeat. And now I know, that only love can truly save the world. So I stay, I fight, and I give, for the world I know can be. This is my mission, now. Forever.”
Wonder Woman has made some bold statements over the years, but this has to be one of the most philosophical. She highlights that every person has the potential for good or evil and that no hero can alter each individual’s moral or ethical alignment.
Still, she feels it’s possible to influence others by spreading kindness, hope, and joy, believing that only love, compassion, and peace can save the world. This belief is the only thing that keeps her going, and it remains the most inspirational perspective Wonder Woman has ever given DC fans.
Those are all of the most inspiring Wonder Woman quotes from DC comics and movies. Wonder Woman has dark moments from time to time, but her resilience and determination make her one of the most inspirational superheroes out there.
What’s your favorite Wonder Woman quote of all time? Let us know in the comments below!